Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Cat's Meow













Imagine Ranch loves custom orders, whether it be a hat, scarf, shawl or afghan, or spinning up your precious loved ones' fur. Recently, I spun up 1 pound 6 ounces of kitty fur from my friend Linda's very beloved children, Ziggy, 20 yrs old and Oreo, 18 years! I was able to spin enough beautiful fingering weight yarn 100 % kitty cat to make a shawl and scarf and yarn left over!





In the photos is Linda, holding Ziggy, a calico, and the other photo is Oreo, a seal pointed Burman. We are thrilled we could make this happen as a wonderful memento to cherish always. Thanks, Linda for the privilege. We hope you love your order! ( And just for the record, yes, I am VERY allergic to cats. That's why they make Claritin. ) Any animal fiber can be spun, as long as it is 2 inches at least in length. I often spin our Pyrenees hair, and it is gorgeous! One might say" It's the cat's meow!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really cool Jen, nice job.

Mom said...

Good job! the cat is pretty too! Mom

Anonymous said...

Should I send you the fur of JIGGS??
(His isn't long enough!!) You did a fantastic job with the cats' fur--as in it made me "paws" to study it!!